Klippies first legal trip - Mossel Bay 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetness

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
So, Nemodakar and I were on leave from 31st December but we couldn’t go anywhere until the 5th January.
Klippies was writing his learners on 5th January and we had to wait for him – if he passed, he could join us; if he failed, he would have to stay at home and look after the dogs!!!
The bikes were packed and ready by Tuesday afternoon.  Klippies HAD to pass!!
HPIM3149.jpg

Klippies phoned to say that he had failed.  My heart sank – he had studied so hard!!
He started laughing and said that he was kidding – he PASSED!!!! He was now legal.
We eventually left home at 12pm, stopped at Storms River at 1pm for lunch, left at 2pm and arrived in Mossel Bay at about quarter past 5.

Where we stayed in Mossel Bay, the Point Village
HPIM3171.jpg

At the Point
HPIM3163.jpg

Nemodakar’s uncle has an old Honda XL185 (1980/81) and recently started riding again.  He wants to upgrade but not sure to what. Nemodakar and Klippies took him out for a short dirt trip so that he could ride the Dakar.
HPIM3175.jpg

HPIM3173.jpg

We left Mossel Bay on Saturday morning, had breakfast in George and then did the Montagu Pass
HPIM3195.jpg

HPIM3198.jpg

Klippies under the railway bridge, Montagu Pass
HPIM3199.jpg

A kind traveler offered to take a family photo
HPIM3203.jpg

Klippies – marking his territory!
HPIM3204.jpg

We turned off at Buffelsdrif, heading towards Kammanassie
HPIM3205.jpg

Eagle Falls, Kammanassie
The rock pool
HPIM3212.jpg

Nemodakar and Klippies cooling off after a long, hot ride
HPIM3213.jpg

HPIM3214.jpg

HPIM3215.jpg

Our camp site at Eagle Falls
HPIM3216.jpg

HPIM3217.jpg

Nightfall – peaceful, quiet, beautiful!
HPIM3223.jpg

We left Eagle Falls on Sunday morning, heading towards Uniondale for fuel and breakfast
Klippies
HPIM3206.jpg

HPIM3211.jpg

Looking back towards Eagle Falls
HPIM3226.jpg

The end of the dirt
HPIM3227.jpg

HPIM3228.jpg

We were supposed to come home via the Baviaans but the temperature was soaring and I really didn’t think I would make it, so I chickened out!!
We came home via the Langkloof and arrived just after 2pm.

We haven’t filled the bikes since arriving home but our fuel consumption was as follows:
Hankey/Storms River/Mossel Bay/Uniondale/Joubertina
Sweetness – 582.7kms – 20.18lt – 28.9km/lt
Nemodakar – 642.1kms – 21.93lt – 29.3km/lt
Klippies – 693kms – 20.45lt – 33.9km/lt

We couldn’t go faster than 85km/hour on the tar because of Klippies 125.
All bikes went well with no breakdowns or problems.

Nemodakar, thanks again for taking care of us, for your patience with me and for a great holiday. :love5:
Klippies, I am so proud of you. You rode well, were considerate of other drivers and it was a pleasure riding with you.  :salut:
:flower: