• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

KLR 2008 for sale - SOLD to Captain Crash :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonova

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
OK - The run down.....

It's a 2008, green, 18800km on the clock

Reason for selling:
A mate of mine bought this bike hoping to get into biking, but not long after he did, he dropped it and lost all interest - it was not a crash at speed, but he dropped it on an incline riding it on a dirt road in Lesotho. The bike was fixed (incl a new battery) and then sat in his garage in JHB for a year i think. Then I offered to buy it for my dad for the farm. I got it down to Natal, and went through it carefully - fixed it up and got it ready to take to my dad, but my dad had open chest surgery and cannot ride anymore at least for awhile. so now i have it with me and i want to sell it.

The Bike:
It has some cosmetic damage which i've taken pics of (right fairing crack, dent in exhaust, some acid damage on the left swing-arm, slightly different mirrors, scratches on both hand guards, Left carrier rack paint peeled, and the tank had a monster sticker on it that etched the paint - I have not been able to find the right size to replace it.....), but it runs VERY smoothly, starts easily and rides nicely.
The Rear tyre (anakee) is in need of replacement in the next 1000km. The front tyre (T63) is 1/2 worn (I put it on as I had it lying around).

Things I've done:
New rear break pads, checked dookicky, cleaned air filter and tank fuel filter, repaired a small leak on the right side of the tank - I did this on advise from the guys at TR-Tech and i did a good job - that was a few months back and it's perfect - It had been "welded" by the guys who fixed the bike after the fall, and the weld was not good IMO so I stripped it, and used epoxy ). Checked all wheel bearings - all good. Replaced the Rear Brake hanger with a brand new one - took frikkin 6 weeks to arrive, cause i was not happy to sell with what looked like a weakened rear brake attachment.

Other than that though, I've been riding it to work a few times and i'm happy with it in terms of mechanics. In fact i'd be happy to keep it to commute on :) but i need to put the money into my Roof effort........and I have 3 bikes already.... So she must go i think ;)

I'm still waiting for the papers for the bike so obviously I can't sell with out those, but they are supposedly on their way soon, so I wanted to see if there was any interest..
I'm Looking at around 25K but i'm open to offers. I will not accept an offer 100% until the papers arrive though. Depending on the price I get, I'll do an oil and filter change for you cause I haven't done that yet  :thumleft:
Some Pics: