KLR 2010 Low Mileage - What would you pay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayakerll

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
KLR Dogz, after much deliberating and putting off of decisions because I couldn't decide, the KLR is becoming the clear winner.

I want something to get to work and back safely (40km round trip in traffic, max speed +- 90-100km/h)
I am a big guy (tall and around 100kg).

Value for money and simplicity of the KLR is winning hands down and having a bike I could jol up the west coast on would be so much more fun than just a road bike. I used to ride a dakar but mine got old and I got nervous of BMW parts costs when things start going pear-shaped... So I got rid of all my riding gear. I don't race around, I prefer cruising between 80-110km/h and enjoying the thump thump thump.

I have found a few post 2008 models for sale in Slaap Stad.

Most noticeable is 2 x 2010 models with 12 000km on the clock, both seem in great condition with aftermarket pipes and a few farkles here and there. Both are up for R40k and I am looking at the one this afternoon.

To my mind, the bikes are fairly new and the pricing seems pretty good for such low mileage bikes.

Thoughts from the men who know?