KLR Q's that need A's plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoffies82

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I have a '06 KLR and some 'nigly' things have come up...

#1  She doesn't seem to 'realize' that she is in Neutral and I have to keep the clutch in to start.  The 'kill switch' on the kickstand also kills the engine even if it is in Neutral. i am not enjoying htis as i cannot idle the bike on the stand in the morning for hte warm up.  The Neutral light is on, but still need the clutch to start.

At the moment i am trying to switch the bike off before putting out the kickstand in the hope to not get that that switch doesn't break down on me permanently.  i was riding in quite a bit of rain recently, but not through any water, so nothing should've been flooded.

#2  I would love to get my rear brake to be a little more 'responsive' as i have to give it quite a good 'trap' to get a decent response, which has me use my front brakes a little more.  Last bike i had still had one of those old 'drum' brakes (not discs), which just required a spanner to make it tighter...is there a simple fix i can try or is it something i should moan to my mechanic about?

#3  I have recently moved to Edgemead and i am actually looking for a nice mechanic.  My usual guy is in Table View and it is a bit of a trek now to get there.  I know there are a few KLR's in the Bellville area, so somebody must know a decent/reasonable KLR mechanic out there?

Thanks guys, I'll keep my eye on this thread for some good advice.

Stoffies