• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

KLX450R for sale - 1 and a half bikes - R20k - SOLD!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracker

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
The time has come to hang up my boots and so, with a heavy heart, I'm gonna sell my old faithful. The last thing I want is to retire it to a garden shed to rot away.

This bike was prepped for the 2019 GXCC off-road series but I broke my leg before the season started and never got to ride it.

Chain, sprockets, new tyres, wheel bearings, swing-arm and linkage bearings, steering bearings, etc were all replaced as part of the setup. Fork oil, spark plug, etc. Even got new intake valves. Luckily, my leg broke before the sticker kit was printed, so I skipped the expense of that. But there is one on file at RaceStar, ready for printing.

But, alas, I didn't race the season. I tried the last race but couldn't ride properly so gave up. I wasn't fit enough.

So, here I am, 8 months later, with a bike that's no longer needed.

It's a 2008 KLX450R with quite a few mods. Nothing modified on the motor but I do have an aftermarket pipe for the bike, not fitted right now.
It's mileage is fairly high at about 40k kms but it's mechanically sound. I did replace the conrod kit, rings and big end bearings about 24 months ago. Measured piston, cylinder and all head parts, all still in spec.

I've also got a 2nd KLX450R that's part of the deal. This bike had a damaged motor and I bought it for spares. It is stripped into boxes but is complete, barring a couple things used on my bike.  The top end, cylinder and 1 engine case were trashed. 

As to my bike, these are the extras: -

A Rekluse clutch (A must for mountaineering on a 450)
A GPR steering damper
Trailtech Striker dash ( works but some of the screen is blacked out) comes with a rally odo button set
hyde bash plate, swingarm protectors and fork/disk  protectors
heavier spring on rear shock
new grips
pc fans on radiators for additional cooling - only needed for slow tech
a long range fuel tank - not fitted
Probably more but I can't recall everything

This bike has never been ridden by a granny. Nor has it been abused ................... but it has worked.

If interested, gimme a call on 083 292 2525 and come and have a look.

D4nddWi.jpg

gPmIUfr.jpg

kFaC1w5.jpg

BbVqMdE.jpg

7fPMOZt.jpg

j0xSZlB.jpg

pzRomvk.jpg

SnB4jgO.jpg

HlgyxCV.jpg