Koppie Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gardenboy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I've been asked by a few dogs to keep everybody in the know about when next I'll be doing 9000rpm's Koppie ride, so I thought I'd pop a thread on planning a ride, so that if anyone else is keen, they can join as well. We thought we would turn it into a bit of a planned, structured ride, exposing riders to a nice range of different offroad riding elements.
The route involves lots of sand, railway gravel, laterite, whoops, a bit of the quarry, beautiful country side cruise, fynbos and ends with a challenging hill climb. In total, about 90-100km there and back, all offroad. (For guys with small tanks, I normally fill up in Atlantis when I'm on a plastic)
Meet at Richwood total garage, from where we will proceed into the quarry for a warm up. Through to the back sandy section, on to the whoops towards the wood cutters, and then from there the ride starts.
I don't know how easy this ride will be for bigger bikes, but I guess it depends on the rider!

08h00, Richwood Total garage next weekend Saturday or Sunday. I'm easy.

All are welcome to join. Bring tyre jack, plenty water and energy bars. Questions, post here! :thumleft:

Attachments

• IMG_5413.JPG
    IMG_5413.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_4990.JPG
    IMG_4990.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_4982.JPG
    IMG_4982.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 682