KTM 530 Rally Lite build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9000rpm

Hi All....
thought I'd share some of my experiences while building my 2009 KTM 530.

my idea was to rebuild a standard 530 into a Rally ready bike, finding money was and will be a problem, so I started looking at a rally lite version - this was my first consideration because it's at this point in time - where you budget can go way off...

Fully Rally - consists of a fairing that is mounted onto the bike that remains static. the Tower is either mounted by welding to the down tube of the head, or building a bracket that screws into the same down tube, and then the rest of the tower fitting to said bracket. So where you turn the Bars, the fairing still points in the direction of the bike, not the front wheel - which means that when you turn, the light does not shine to the direction of the front wheel - but aims in the direction of the body of the bike - hope you follow my meaning.

Rally Lite - Rally lite is much more cost effective (for me) and thus I went down this road... The tower doesn't need to bolt onto the head down tube, the Tower can be made to fit onto the triple / double clamps of the forks or some other screw holes available on the fork clamps, a fairing is then fitted to the tower which allows you to have light into the direction that you turn to...

Rally system (Fairing, tower and lights - can cost anything from about R12K upwards to about R55K  (quality dependent) Rally light - my own work, thus far = R1300 (give or sake R100)

the original bike I bought, 35hours on the clock (didn't have a Tacho - had to trust the seller and the KTM shop that sold it to me...)

Attachments

• IMG-20130801-01017.jpg
    IMG-20130801-01017.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG-20130801-01015.jpg
    IMG-20130801-01015.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 444