KTM 690 Rally Kits the good bad, ugly & crap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be prepared to spend just over R30k on this kit

• like the kit

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • price is fair

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • price to high

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • not worth it

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • better options out there

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • leave bike std

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

TornadoF5

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
There seem to be a few let's call them 690 Adv kits out there for the KTM 690'
Points considering for me are:

1. Ease of installation without bastardising the machine too much
2. Quality of fitment, been reading from some members, kits arrive with 8-10mm gaps, screws etc not fitting (to me not acceptable if u paying premium)
3. Sufficient fuel size
4. My idea of an adv kit is more range and comfort how many of these kits offer just that.

All well we slap on a fairing and larger tanks, but understanding the design of 690 r suspension I guess in the true reality of what is was designed for, plus the granite seat and a few more odds and ends would a lot more be required? How the sub frames holding out so far from loaded tents,luggage etc.

Is the new Oryx R the sounder option I worry about that Dakar look header exhaust running from beneath the motor is good idea I dunno? Fine if u ride dunes all day I guess.
Or can one still do a nice diy job with aftermarket parts and a little skill?
What are your thoughts nd let see what options are out there:

So far I know of :
Rallye Raide UK
Deltorri as in pic
Crowd in jhb name eludes me

I came across another, but my feelings are mixed. This is the New Race Africa edition......

Consists of the ktm rally type fairing complete with headlight and support of the fairing that also serves as support for the instrumentation.everything necessary for installation on the bike. Cost in our money approx R32 360 at current rates. Thinking r(more like wishing) the rond improves slightly we could get it maybe below R30k

Options:
You can add the carbon fiber engine protection  complete with water tanks and the front fenderThe kit is not painted. Thats is over R10k as well.

Here is an obviously painted kit

690tom_zpse370d89a.jpg