• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

KTM 690 SE Rally Raid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SADivemaster

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Year :              2010
Mileage :          14,600km
Price:                R85,000

Extras:
1.        990 Top fairing with Rally Raid conversion kit
2.        Rally Raid tanks, ±11litres
3.        Talon foot pegs
4.        Headlamp protector
5.        RR pegs, pillion handles, Soft luggage.
6.        Acerbis Hand guards (in need of replacement soon)
7.        Pro Circuit Pipe (plus OEM pipe)
8.        RR low fender in white
9.        Tank Bag

I purchased the bike about 4 months ago, specifically for doing the Amageza. Now that I have other commitments, I do not see the need to keep financing and insuring a 4th motorcycle, that is so very purpose specific.

The bike does have a few niggles, which I knew when I purchased the bike and am slowly remediating as time passes. The fault list as I have it is as follows:

1. Soft fall marks on right side – The bike has been dropped at some stage, but either into very soft material or at very slow speed. Small scrathes, that can be dealt with by replacing thetickers.      (I haven’t done that yet – history tells me that the day after I repace sticker, I will fall off and ruin it all!)
2. Bike starter was irregular  - Starter module has been replaced by KTM.
3. New chain
4. Generic 690 fault is the tapered gear lever rachet, which results in the gear lever falling off once in a while. I have hopefully fixed this by using about 2 years supply of nutfast.
5. There is a small crack in the aluminium mud deflector housed in the 990 rally raid header – cosmetic only.

Other than that, the bike is in good condition. 

Geoff
083 26I 2865

I will throw in an entry to Amageza, to whomever buys her!

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 1,125
  • IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 1,125