KTM 990 dash- Information overload

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TornadoF5

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
This is a client of mine who has quite a serious configuration for navigating (didn't know Europe is that complicated):

His explanation to me:

There's a lot of equipment, because i use the bike a lot onroad too. I've installed a digital and paper roadbook, the digital alone isn't enough because the most roadbooks are still printed on paper. When i use the paper roadbook, the Tripy is used as main tripmaster (GPS) and the KTM Tripmaster as backup (mechanical).
When i use the Tripy as roadbook or tripmaster, i use the Navigon to see where i am. In case of an emergency or breakdown it's easy to see if there is a road nearby or gas station, or so.

- Tripy: a digital roadbook, tripmaster, tracking and navigation system (www.tripy.eu)
- Roadbook: F2R paper roadbook (www.f2r.pt)
- Car navigation: My old Navigon (www.navigon.com) navigation system used in my car works fine for me, but wasn't waterproof, a waterproof bag was the solution. The waterproof bag is big enough to store the 12V-lighter connector under it. Instead of the Navigon my phone fits also.
- Gopro Hero 2: Action cam (gopro.com), used as action cam and more important these days, as traffic cam. Because bikers are always aggressive drivers, always speeding and therefore always wrong....

Dashboard.jpg