• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

KTM 990 Throttle Bodies Avail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill the Bong

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Cagiva Elefant 900
Long story. Friend of mine sold a 2009 990 that has been standing for a while.  When he rode the bike a couple of days before the buyer would have arrived, the bike had a hanging idle.  He phoned me and I suggested that the idle speed solenoid was to blame.  This bike has a cable operated mechanism that manages the idle speed. My suggestion was that he strip the body work off and try to see whether there was a physical restriction somewhere affecting the cables (wasp nest, etc) and to check the cable tensions.  He did not have time and the bike went to a KTM dealer who replaced the throttle bodies.

Now, I can not phone the dealership and ask them whether they replaced the TBs because they had one in stock for a long time and wanted to get rid of it (and then simply adjusted the cables afterwards).  It is obviously possible that a TPS was actually out of range and that the new TB solved that, but I cannot know.

So... I have a complete Throttle Body that looks perfect, but which might actually have a problem, but I doubt it.  It obviously also comes with 2 fuel injectors.

First price to me would be to sell the complete unit (I'll split the money with my mate).  2nd price will be to sell off the injectors if somebody wants a spare unit and then part out the TBs as required.

Will somebody comment on what a complete TB and loose injectors should sell for?  I have no feeling for 2nd hand 990 bits (but I know how much a new set of TBs was a week ago).