• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

KTM 990S 8000km - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Right, it’s your lucky day. I’ll leave this here for a week before I try Gumtree.

I have an 07 registered 08  KTM 990S with only 8000km on it for sale. Fully roadworthy, registered and plated to me and currently insured.

Price: R95 000.00

Reason: getting a 990R

Condition: Stock standard, clean. Some paint missing from inside of right hand fuel tank and bottom of side panels from stickers and a small bit from the left fairing. It is difficult to notice as the undercoat is blue too, Standard Scorpion tires, about 60% rear and 80% front left.

Service: I have the full service history from KTM – was serviced at its 1000km @ KTM. I gave it a full service @ 7124km. I have KTM’s history of the bike’s minor warrantee replacements from new too.

In the interests of full disclosure;

History of bike: Previous owner rode into a pole. I purchased the bike from the insurers, they didn’t write it off (it is registered and is currently on ENATUS as a code 2 = second hand). Only real damage was to the radiator, right front fairing, screen, headlight and brake cables.

All of the above and other scratched or missing bits – full tool kit, indicators and lenses, rear wheel nut, hand guards, rear right pillion carrier, front mud guard and both mirrors - have been replaced with factory OEM brand new parts.

I gave it a full service @ 7124km. All filters, oil, water/anti freeze changed. The cams tolerances were checked and set back to spec, (tolerances recorded). For my piece of mind I replaced both wheels’ bearings as well as the sprocket carrier bearings, the steering and triple clamp bearings and races were replaced. The original pipes were put back on and the bike has been remapped back to standard @ KTMWC. Again, for my peace of mind, the forks have been tested and fully serviced with all seals and bushes changed by Martin Paetzold. It also got a brand new battery as the original one was on its last legs.

I have run through the bike top to bottom and I have peace of mind that the bike is back to its glorious original self.

Some observations: I didn’t like it at first as the throttle was very twitchy compared to my 950. Over the last 1000k's of "testing", it has really grown on me though and the throttle is much smoother since the remap. The engine is seriously strong and much smoother than my 950. I rode it in some very technical stuff last weekend and all it lacks for is a 16 front tooth if that is your thing. I thought my aftermarkets 950 suspension was good, this one’s is the equal of it, it really floats over the rougher stuff and doesn’t suffer much dive on braking. It will make a beautiful Dual Sport Touring machine (and occasional hooligan tool) for those trips that you’ve always wanted to do. If my heart wasn’t so set on the R, I would have no hesitation in keeping it.

No, you can’t take it for the weekend to test it out. Either you want it or not.

The top box is not part of the sale and will be removed before you take it.