KTM George

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adv950

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
I just recently returned from a trip through the eastern and western cape. I had the unfortunate experiencde of my 950's clutch's slave cylinder deciding that it no longer felt like the pressure and left me without a clutch on the Avontur Pass near knysna. Fortunately it had also just started pisiing with rain and doing the clay all the way to knysna without a clutch was a lovely experience.

So all this happenned at about 14h30 in the afternoon. I phoned KTM george to hear if the had a spare and unfortunately they did'nt. so thinking that my tour was going to be delayed with a couple of days i rode through to the first robots as you enter george. KTM george sent out their van for me loaded my broken boney. By that time they had allready ordered the part and promised me that it would be sorted by the next morning. Luckily for me my old man stays in Sedgefield and he picked me up. The next morning i was at KTM at about 10:00 and i was amazed. these guys had a part couriered in from  somewhere, replaced that, fixed a factory recall on the one way valve on some air pipe, tensioned my chain and bled my back brakes. They also washed my bike stored all my equipment with them. So by 10:30 i was on my way to meet up with the guys in Oudtshoorn.

I would like to commend KTM george it was the best service i have ever experienced and the owner has a genuine interest in his clients.

You are probably wondering what this great service cost me, well this was my concern when i got there and everything was fixed. As my bike was allready out of warranty (by two months) the cost of just the slave cylinder is R1,600. I asked if there is any way that this can go through under the warranty. They checked my service history on the online system and saw that my 15k service was not loaded on the system. They then took it on themselves to contact pro-action to get it sorted, and submit a warranty claim that may have not gone through. The owner did tell me that if the claim does not go through i will have to pay for the part but he will organise me a discount. In the meantime he sent me on my way and all i paid was R90 for the hydraulic fluid.  NOW THAT IS SERVICE

Thank you very much KTM GEORGE you saved my whole trip.