Kyalami sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaky

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi All, I saw somewhere in the newspaper that Kyalami race track was to be auctioned off. Did this happen and will it be turned into office blocks or town houses?
Killarney in Cape Town 99 year lease comes into an end in two years I think it is. I hear via the grapevine they want use it for informal housing! If this happens what will become of motorsport in SA, especially Cape Town? We will have no race track and then Swartkops, PE and East London can have races. Phakisa has got the superbikes in October. There is also a big drag racing community that operates out of Killarney. The so called new private F1 track to be build near the Airport has gone dead quiet! I am an avid motorsport fan, live and on TV. I go to every regional and national race that is at Killarney and to think that this could no longer happen, for informal housing it really pisses me off! Hopefully someone will catch a wake up.