KZN -FS-NC-WC-EC- FS-KZN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButchH

Race Dog
Reaction score
As it turned out the planed ride became a not so planed ride with any set agenda other than a visit to Nieu Bethesda some time or the other. The whole trip got hijacked by my sister who suggested to the Battle Axe that she should really visit Nieu Bethesda. :deal:

Ok first I am very uncomfortable with a pillion and this was going to be a first for a long time. The last time I had a pillion on any of my bikes was back in 1979 with “Draadkar” and we saw our arse. So from then on new bike pillion pegs off. But I was faced with the choice of having Battle Axe (Ziggie 2000) who has little experience of being a pillion accompany me or attempt the ride with her on her 125. I calculated that we would be in Clarence in three days if we went with this plan. So pillion it would be. :p

First evening was spent in Clarence where we bumped into Laurika and Beemer Man had a “quick” lunch together and before we knew it it was 4:30.We stayed at the Clarence Back Packers, Very reasonable price for good accommodation.

Day two off to Aliwal North taking in as many small towns neither of us had visited. We got caught in a thunder storm some ware near Rouxville and Ziggie managed to squeeze me so far up the tank I could just as well have been standing . We over knighted at a place called The Nest just outside Aliwal North. Very Biker Friendly with excellent accommodation.

Day three Aliwal to Nieu Bethesda lekker ride also stopping in to the odd little town on the way. Buy now Ziggie was becoming an accomplished pillion throwing her arms around and jiggling her bum to get more comfortable and then wondering if I was the idiot sending the bike careering all over the place. I must say after all the hype about Bethesda we were a little disappointed as most of the places were closed and also a lot of the “businesses” are very rundown and those who were open were not geared for the influx of visitor’s .Neither was the infrastructure with the pervasive smell of sewerage in the air. We were lucky to get accommodation in the only structure in the caravan park. “The Rustic Cottage” no shit! We did however have a good meal at the little restaurant right next to the Fossil Museum .We will go back there just for that.
We spied Cave Girl and her party in the caravan park but they kept their distance maybe because this involved a trailer a bakkie and four bikes and only four riders mmmm. :biggrin:

Day four off to Bethulie a town I have a keen interest in and have researched thoroughly as I intend taking advantage of the very low prices of property there.

Day Five off to Ladybrand via Smithfield interesting bit of road between Smithfield and Hobhouse. We eventually made it as far as Kiara Lodge near Golden Gate and found comfortable lodgings there. Also this is where I dropped the bike NICE! To make a twat of one’s self at your destination to the amusement of Ziggie who at the time held back her laughter but needless to say this will become a never-ending source of mirth at all gatherings. :xxbah: Apparently some little children ran away at the sound of the noises that escaped my lips. :biggrin:

Day Six back to Maritzburg nice comfortable cruise but I struggled to find my rhythm for the first forty km or so.
Any way back home tired but rested and now we know we can do this together .To all the HD riders we encounters when slabbing you are true gentlemen. :thumleft: To the KLR riders on the road between Middleburg and Graaff Reinet same to you ass @#’s. To the Beemer’s and the Sten today on van Reenens  you lucky buggers and thanks for letting me know your adventure had only just begun hope to see you again soon :thumleft: