KZN, Umhlanga to Ballito and back via Tongaat on Dirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolBreeze

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
Hi All.
A while ago I plotted a route (on Google earth) from Umhlanga to Ballito through the Sugarcane roads. My mate Bram and I checked it out last Sunday. When we got to Ballito we had a beer at the KEG and decided we hadn’t done enough riding for the day, so we made another route back to Umhlanga It was a good jol. In fact it was such a lekker ride, I decided to take my dad and his mates this past Sunday to see for themselves There was an 800GS (Me), anniversary 1200 GSA (my old man), red 1200GSA (Anthon), Silver 1200GS (Neville)
The track consists of nice open Cane roads, some Sandy sections, hills, lose rocks, a small crossing with bigger rocks and breathtaking views of the Northern parts of Durban.
Umhlanga to Ballito – 40km
Ballito (Colisheen) to Umhlanga- 50km
*I must also warn that this time of year (all the time actually) you need to be careful when riding the cane roads. There is allot of activity as they are cutting, burning and loading cane all over

Anyway here is a couple of pics.