KZN - Valley dawdle Sat 3rd Sep 2011 **Is On**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
. . . .  Continued from :-

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=75124.0

That thread was a planning thread, that became a Cancel, that became a re-plan, and then a Ride Report, that turned into another planning thread.

I have started a new thread to avoid the confusion.

----------

I got a call from my ole buddy Flex, who I worked with in the last century, asking if I could lead a ride through the Valley of 1000 hills for some of his friends who have not been there before, or for a while. I mentioned that I was still in woosie mode and fighting some confidence demons, and he said that was no problem if I wanted to cruise some familiar tracks at a gentle pace, and said that some of his friends were returning to bikes after long spells of bikelessness.

Flex has Sunday commitments, so he prefers a Saturday.

As a few of the guys have not visited the Valley I am thinking of a ride that may be familiar to Valley regulars.

The Valley of 1000 hills is a bit like a hotdog - if you start in the middle you end up in a bit of a mess, so I thought we could start below Inanda Dam, do the Mtabatula and Matata (Nanda) mountains, up the Valley and pop out on the tar below Nagle dam and cruise home.

Time and weather permitting we can do a 20Km detour and visit the Msilili falls.

If anyone is keen on doing the ride a bit  faster than Gunda Speed I will put the track in my little GPS and you are more than welcome to use it, go on ahead, and we can dawdle along behind on the same track.

Start at 07:00 at the NPN Shell Garage in St Johns rd Pinetown ( S29 49.206 E30 51.941 ) Sat 3rd Sept.

Suggested track attached - about 120Km Pinetown to R102 @ Cato Ridge +- 50/50 Tar/Gravel    

Attachments

• 20110903Plan.gdb
    26.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20110903Plan.gpx
    171.6 KB · Views: 15