Lesotho via Ongeluksnek

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Four of us Roy,Drew,Larry and myself Deon tried this route over the Easter weekend, problem is big bikes don't belong here 😀Shortly after the border  post we came across a little hill with erosion ruts like valleys but we tried, only to have three bikes down at the same time. This  resulted in a moerse recover opp. After which we were so buggered we decided to turn back to Matatiel. Sorry the bikes were three Gs'so and my Son. Back at the border  post not a soul to be found luckily they didn't  lock the gate.
Back in Matatiel we found a B&B and after a meal and a good few bevvies we hit the sack,what a tough day but an adventure 😩
Day two was all tar via Qachas nek to Semongkeng, nice windy bits but tar nevertheless.
Day three was more tar on our way to Katsedam beautiful place though and the roads were made for biking. Something that amazed me was that we saw no road kill not like Transkei for instance. That night we camped at the old info centre across from the dam wall got pretty chilly
Day four was dirt all the way back via Theba Tseko and Mogothlong to Sani pass, some wild bits with erosion ruts mud and some tough rocky bits, little buggers throw stones around this area though.
Sani pass many of you know,my first time and it's an experience, unfortunately it was misty and we could not  see much  (maybe a good thing )
From there it was just the boring bits home to Durbs.
Would like to try Ongeluksnek again, maybe from the top😉