Lift needed for battery to Tanzania

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi guys, not sure if this the correct place for this, if not Mods please move as you see fit...
I need some help/advice please... have had 'starter drag' issues and after testing everything found battery not up to scratch (especially when engine is hot). I have failed to get a decent battery for my 1200GSA here, tried from Kenya and got a Chinese branded one which simply does not cut it (but am babying it to keep it stjrong)... I have also tried a few outlets in RSA but it's almost impossible to send one up here, one place offered to deliver with courier bill of R2300 plus battery cost R1200 and on top duty this end, obviously this is not an option!
Am asking if anyone knows of someone traveling, by car,  to carry/deliver one for me to Tanzania - Arusha/Tanga or Dar... (I would purchase battery online and have it delivered wherever for onward travel).
Other than that will just have to ride back down to SA... not a bad prospect! Thanks for a great forum, bought my bike off here and will be hopefully getting another one in the new year.