Local ride, hooligans on the loose.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooisand

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi all, I realy dont know if I must post this story but I sopose the pics will make up, as the ride was not that great!

But what the heck, lets go.... Friday my neigbourmet up all exited about a biult up bike he lent, for the first long dictance ride of the town, Groblershoop as it is on Saturday church bazaar. on Saturday at 6am the mesage get tru, ride start at 8am from a geasthouse in town. What?? with the thirst real ice(ryp) an my grass I knew we were in for a strange day. Met thy neigbour at 7:30 and off we went...only to stop 3km further with oil comming from his engine like a verimark mini fountain... So he had to with draw and i make the 10km ride into town tru the cold on my own! At the GH i was greeted by 2 qade's? Only to be informed the long distanse ride start at 9am. Chat for a while and the the manne start to pull in, to a total of 8qade's and 6, 2 weelers. Dont know the qades maker but the bikes were me xt600, klr650 and a total of 4 CRF230's. With noone else with ATGATT I felt a bitt overdressed for the trip but the past has learned better save than sorry...

With the orginizer laying down the rules and plan for the ride of aprox 100km and one oke giving a prear, we were of in a cloud of dust of those qades... With 3 bakkies tailending the group as support there was no time for pics or un sceculed stops...