Loeries - Verneukpan trip Done and DUSTED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hinksding

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR125L
Final plan:

1.  Friday night 
Gathering in Loeriesfontein (Halfway between Upington and Cape Town).
Sleeping in bungalows which is equipped with warm showers and toilets.  There are 14 rooms which can accommodate 2 people each so 28 beds are available.  Open bar for the evening at campsite.  Big fires will be on site!!

Afval & Skenkel pot with rys and roosterbrood.  A few skaapkoppe could also be in the mix. :mwink:  Let me know in advance if there's interest!

2.  Saturday
Start with Koffie & beskuit
Departing for Verneukpan around 8am.

We will stop at a Willem Wik's plaas 110km NE of Loeries for 2 x Boerewors hotdogs and coffee.

From there on there are 2 road options:
1.  A tweespoor through Willem's game camp. :mwink:  There are Springbok, Gemsbok, Rooihartbeeste, Volstruise, Blou wildebeeste, Swart Wildebeeste, Zebras, and Elande on Willem's farm, weather this tweespoor would lead us to view all these game cannot be guaranteed.  This route will be +/- 60km to Brandvlei. 

Please note :director:: There are Kriedoringbosse right next to the 2 spoor.  People who don't like dorings and bikes together would be advised to take option 2. The condition of the 2spoor might be similar to the one that we drove on Diepdrift, Mof's farm. 

2.  A longer route via graded roads will be the other option, which distance would be +/- 80km 

The backup vehicle (fok dit klink so overrated en official, kom ons maak dit "plaasbakkie") will take the route with the most riders.

Arrival on Brandvlei:  If someone wants to have a lunch at the Windpomp, they are welcome.  Here would be the last stop to buy fuel and cigarettes. 

From there on would be 110km to Verneukpan.  The plaasbakkie with our merchandise cannot wait here, as the stuff for the braai and bar need to get to site.
The campsite at Verneukpan do have warm shower and running toilets.  Firewood and braaivleis will be supplied the evening at the pan.  Open bar also available. 

Notice, as far as the bar is concerned there will be brandy, whiskey, rum, beers, Carvol, Ponchos, Jagermeister and soetwyn available.

3.  Sunday
Pack up and return home.  (For the hungry bunch a brunch at Die Windpomp in Brandvlei)

What you get:

1 meal Friday evening (afval/skenkel pot with rys and roosterbrood)
2 boereworsrolls and coffee Saturday morning at Boesmanskop
2 nights accommodation. (friday bunaglow @ Loeries. Saturday campsite with your own tent @ Verneukpan)
Coffee and beskuit in the mornings
Firewood
1 Plaasbakkie pulling a stoetie, to assist with hickups along the way, and to transport our needs to Verneukpan. 

Cost: R445pp

DATE: 29 June - 1 July

Banking details:

C. Lombard
Standard Bank
Acc nr: 040863786
Branch nr: 050704

Use forum name as ref.  If you want a skaapkop please make a donation of R40. Thanks

Aside from the normal there is one or 2 items that I consider crusial:

Enough blankets and stuff to keep you warm at night at the pan.

We DO NOT have a PEP Stores, but I confirmed with our local "klerewinkel" that they do have k4-komberse, and there will be a bakkie that could transport extra stuff to the pan

Try to bring your own glass/cup

I will supply papierborde and plastic cutlery.

If there is more to know apart from the usual, I'll keep you up to date.