Look after your bike - Theft of bikes apparently increasing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pierrer

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Some m/fckrs broke into my brothers garage early Tuesday morning (forced the motorised doors open with a ghwala) and stole his bike.  They left his helmet and jacket.  It seems that he has been watched and the fckrs were just after his bike as there were 2 Citi golfs and his BMW car in the garage,  with their keys in the ignition, and they were not even touched.  According to the cops it is not isolated and bikes do get taken frequently, lately.

His insurance (Outsurance) did not require any tracking device either but that anyway means nothing as the tracetek unit gets installed in the same place on nearly all cases (GS1200 - takes 3 screws to discard it).

Now waiting to hear from the insurance then he will be in the market for a replacement.  Thus any good GS1200 out there looking for a good home plse let me know.  Sillystunt you don't want to sell us one again?  :3some:

He bought the bike from Sillystunt a while ago and if someone get offered a GS1200, in exceptional condition, with a distinct scratch on one of the forks plse inform me.  I would like to vent some frustration.  Description of the bike in the following thread  wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=16466.0