Looking for a DL650

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakar wanabe

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
Hi Guys,

I am in the market for a new bike, my KLE500 have served me good, but the time has come to replace my old faithfull. Two bikes that I have to choose from 1) DL650, 2) XT660Z Tenere.

Your input will be valuable regarding the new bike. I am quite short only 1,65m and the DL650 sits just fine (both toes JUST touches the ground).

What is the pro's and the con's on the DL650?

It looks solid and it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better looking then the Kawa KLR650, and I am not to fond of singles. Had a GS650F and my fillings are stil loose ;D

Also would it be better to buy new or secondhand, I have seen a couple of second hand DL's that looks immaculate and have below 10k on, with the orriginal Trailwings still on for around R50k - R60k.

The stealers also have a special on the DL650 for R69k, I am in no hurry an will wait for the 2012 model to check it out aswell.

I use my bikes to comute everyday and the occasional long trip, not much offroad but would like to be able to use it on dirt roads.

Thanks alot for the input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts