Looking for a used or new ADV helmet. Advice on Spirit / o'Neal / Just1?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark250gp

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
I went and tried on the Spirit DSV3, o'Neal Sierra and Just1 J34 this afternoon. They are all exactly the same helmet with a different lining and graphic as far as I can tell. All in the same price range give or take a hundred bucks. Although I dont do extended highway trips at high speeds I've heard people complaining about wind noise in the Spirit so assume the others are the same. Is it that bad or only an issue on long highway trips? All three lids have ECE but no DOT or Snell ratings.

The BELL MX9 ADV MIPS was R 2500.00  more than the three above and definitely more comfortable on the face but with a really small shell that seemed to sit high on my face, not sure if its because they have multiple shell sizes where the three above dont or if just something to get used to and not sure its worth the nearly double price. It also however has a DOT rating. Any feedback from anyone that has one of these?

Or does anyone have a good used size small ADV helmet in the same price range that they are looking to sell?