Lucky Break

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
So Saturday a mate and I are out riding near Ncwadi.

20230708_115030.jpg

Climbing a steepish freshly burned loose-ish slope my bike feels like it is battling for traction and handling feels off. I stop and check my back tyre, damn puncture.

Oh well no problem, got tools and tubes, just irritating.

so we find a place to stop, park bike on an ant-hill, get the back wheel off and first thing is to get my 14 spanner to loosen the rim lock. Bugger me if the 14 spanner is nowhere to be found, must have lost it sometime in the past fixing a previous puncture. Now I am stuffed as we are miles from anywhere. I remember there is a hut with locals living there a few miles away, but it's a long shot, what are the chances of them having tools. Anyway off we go, me sitting as far forward as I can, get to the hut and there's an old bakkie standing outside. A guy comes out, we exchange greetings and I ask if he has any tools. He says he thinks he has in the bakkie under the seat. So he looks under the seat and there is one solitary rusted old spanner :(
I take it from him and look closer at it.
Fuck me if it's not a 14 :D:D

Had to share my good fortune

But I guess real good fortune would be no puncture at all.