Meeting riding buddies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Seeing this thread https://wilddog.net.za/threads/2022-ktm-1290-super-adventure-r.279160/ made me think. Where do most people meet regular riding buddies? I’ll use myself as an example as my fortune wasn’t where my friend started revving each other's wives.

I generally like riding alone and through my years of bike ownership have probably only had two biking friends. Riding along always brings a special level of relaxation hence I enjoy it. But there are times I watch like footpeg diaries as an example and can imagine it’s pretty epic fun experiencing nature together.
I met a very close friend during my first year of Harley ownership at HOG but didn’t rejoin after the first year but we stayed friends. I really disliked the elitist attitude I encountered there and this was my reason for not wanting to hang with that crowd. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago now again leaving me with zero riding buddies.

Now with ADV it’s a whole different story and probably crowd. When I done my Country Trax course I definitely felt a more "down to earth" vibe in this community and I genuinely feel I would be able to better relate to this crowd. As with everything I’m quite cautious to join others in something they’re "better" at as I also don’t want to impede on their progress or fun.
I’ve seen the ADV community have many more weekends out which looks quite cool. But again the fear of encroaching always lingers.

Thus a simple question. Where to meet riding buddies?