Mitas E09's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston Pete

Teach Peace
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So i got my rims back....thanks Le Cap.....they were badly dinged and warped but are spinning true once again after a few years.
Had to replace two back spokes as they were damaged....and also replaced the back bearings which were getting noisy.
I shod the rims with spanking new E09's front and back :drif: I had been waiting a long time for the 150/18's to be in country as well as the appropriate time to put them on. I am beserk with happiness ;D

I left the shop yesterday in a T, shorts and plakkies......also a half face hemet pulled out of stock.....and went home to put takkies on >:D
Its difficult to pry me off the bike.....went pub hopping in Melkbosch and Tableview showing off the fresh rubber!
The half face helmet is a revelation.....i have not worn one since like 1979.....and its just great in the warm weather, adds peripheral vision....and the pipes sound louder....
The E09's felt squirrely like any knobbly tyre when new but these...especially the back feels enormous.....because it is!
Although touted as 80% + offroad bias they handled well on the tar and i was not scared to put them into the few corners i experienced.....i will be doing more tar later.....please forgive me.....i know i am sinning.
Am i happy with my choice so far....you bet!  :thumleft: Cannot wait to get onto some dirt to see how the front handles and how the rear hooks up.

The Heidenaus that i took off have done about 7 - 8000kms and provided excellent service with the front coming out as a surprising star. The rear probably has another 3 - 4000kms left and the front more!

Next week the 990S gets himself some Barkbusters and the Vario Barback handlebar risers :drif: Its been a long wait for these beauties....but Dogpatch deserves it :3some:

Please put your E09 experiences here....good or bad.....oh......and where's that lightweight bead breaker...?