Moerse Moerse (gelimite only 80KM/h) na Prins albert toe to kyk na dakar bikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiebotha

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLX 400SR
Full Report on www.cassierides.blogspot.com

Well this is a well known full of activities place called George. Alles is happening on one naweek, one naweek I tell you. So after the soek na vis en chips and 7 passes trip with Kortseun and Oom Pieter and Tannie Hendrina yesterday I "please callme" Dirk because my lugtyt is in sy kanon in. He had a brilliante idea that we go for geskommelde eiers and Coffee at the spar and descuss our trip.

Yesterday with my kettang "valling" af I learned one lesson in life: Keep your friends close BUT KEEP YOUR KETTANG CLOSER!!!. No that i got a relationship with my kettang we decided to go to Prins Albert. The route will take us from George going over the Montagu pass past Perdepoort and have our first stop at the poel at Meirings Poort. We knew that the spietkops was not going to be anywhere today so we decided to make it a moerse lekker lang trippie... We may not have BMW Dakar but when I am on the bike I feel like a Dakar !!!

People if you are driving in George and is coming to George or even if you are living in the small farmtown please just use the sirkel correctly. If you are turning in the circle use the buitebaan if you are going out. ag please mense use the binnebaan if you are planning to go around the circle. don't use the buitebaan om om die sirkel te gaan nie!!! Please asb, asb!!

100_2822.jpg

Here we are ready for departure towards Spar for the eiers and Coffee.

100_2824.jpg

Arriving at the Superspar I looked at the mountain and relized that we are fortunerate to have a view like this everytime we bought grocheries and afterwards felt like we are finally platsak.

100_2823.jpg

We got VIP parking at the Spar. We know the owner of the Spar is parking his KTM 990adventure on that exact spot so we decided to see if our bikes would feel KTM special to us if we also parked there.. We parked and had a look at the bikes and realized that the bikes still did not look like a KTM. It still looked the same as it did before. But at least we've tried to see if that idee would have worked

Now it's off to the Montagu pass and straight towards Dysselsdorp

100_2825.jpg

A possible wannabe bike route up the mountain

Not over the Montagu Pass we went thru Herold (not heroldsbay) but herold. It sounds the same but it totally different!!. We went over the N9 shooting (well scootering) we cannot shoot because the bike can only do 80KM/h on the grondpad towards Paardepoort goint directly to Dysselsdorp.

By this time going I pressed a spesiale knoppie called autopilot and started reading the "scope" magazine because i was so verveeld going 80-100KM/h on the grondpad. Well we took a bladder brake at the interchange near the interchange

100_2829.jpg

100_2833.jpg

Here Berm Rooster I got some ATTGAT on. (All The Gear Most of the time) I got so hot that i've started to get hot-flushes like a heavy-breasted woman

Not it's off towards Meiringspoort. You just see bikes and bikes and bikes and bikes
We Stopped at the Getye poel for some skaduwee

100_2834.jpg

our bikes felt completely at home next to the groot bikes

100_2838.jpg

100_2840.jpg

Now it's off to Prins Albert. We went through the "die poort and turned left towards Prins Albert. This was a difficult stretch of road so I drukked the knoppie again and got the losmylyf out while our bikes only capped 80-60KM/h for 40Kilometers far. We saw a lot of BMW Bikes passing us from a far and suddenly as small as the world is William (kortseun) and Oom Pieter and Tannie Hendrina from Yesterday passed us and we stopped for a quick kuiertjie along the road in the middle of nowhere

100_2842.jpg

100_2845.jpg

Now after the kuierjtie we came to a Hotel in Prins Albert (the only place that was open) for some drinks. To my surprise I stumble across an old Knysna Colleague oom Eaton. He lives in Woester and he was also in the area for the BMW Bike Festival.
Accompanying oom Eathon was a baie gawe oom that read my ride reports in the past so I decided to take a Kiki of him. Well I caught him in the act!!! His name on the wild dog forum is (computerless)

100_2847-1.jpg

Here you can see oom Computerless is showing that he caught me out!!

100_2848.jpg

Here Oom Eathon is looking surprized that I've taken a fotograph of him. We decided to join them towards swartberg mountain

100_2849.jpg

Here we depart torwards Swartberg Mountain pass

100_2851.jpg

100_2852.jpg

100_2854.jpg

Here me and Dirk decided to take a tea break

100_2858.jpg

Here we took a rest and I see the Computerless oom overlooking the majestic mountains

100_2859.jpg

Eathon and his GS 1150 Bike

100_2860.jpg

Here we praat so baie lekker that the time run out for us to return to Oudshoorn

100_2863.jpg

Going down this was my final photo before arriving in ODN

We stopped for Petrol and for some food at the Spur in Oudsthoorn and Darkness was Falling.

100_2864.jpg

While having Dinner the Buf' guys with the Speedbikes came and also had dinner. We all walked out and I've apologized that we had such small bikes and they asked for me to Wheelie...So i've wheelied and they klapped their hands and we departed to go for a quick kuier at Kortseun and oom Pieter and Tannie Hendrina from Yesterday. William gave me a TENT for a present and I was very happy.. Baie dankie WILLIAM (kortseun) on the Wilddog's forum for the tent. Now my mother was on my case!!!! William gave us free meal vouchers and a gratis camping spot at the BMW Bike Fest but i always wanted to ride the Oudemeragie road at night. We went with the Bikes going thru the Karoo at Night. We decided to ride paralleled to each other in order to get some proper lighting out of the trip. We had some close calls by hitting hase along the way that jumped up in front of the lights. We came towards the montagu pass and was so mistig that we had to go down the misty mountain with less than 10KM/h. By the time I almost needed a Phycolologist appointment regarding stress and anxyiety. We made it home saftely. Baie dankie almal for 'n moerse lekker trip