Most flipping awesome bike ever, Moya my DL 650

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monshall

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
You know sitting at work  I sometimes think of getting a bigger, better bike than my wee.  Then I go for a ride and I know I have bought the perfect bike and life is just so much fun.  Last month it was two up, with wife and camping equipment,  over gysmanshoek pass and then off to the Beaver rally.    Actually the pass is quite challenging dirt that goes over two mountains, and just before and after the highest point is steep with lots of loose rocks, thought I was going down, but the  Wee  had just the required tourque at the right moment to pull us out of trouble and get us through....all this on basic trailwings and then we still had a 30km blast after that at full chat on the most perfect of dirt roads...bliss.

This weekend the boys were having a poker weekend at Betty's Bay, so I thought I would leave a bit early on Saturday and go for a good blast over the mountains.  Left Cape Town loaded with panniers full of drink, food, etc,  up the N1 then to Franshoek and over the pass, past the dam to Villiersdorp, turned right on the R43 over the dam wall and on towards the N2 (brilliant tight little road that bounces up and down over the hills,  wee was like flat out along here, brilliant workout).  Hit the N2 turned right then immediately left onto the Swart River road (dirt,  had a couple of moments on loose rocks good adrenilin injections), then a solid full blast on the tar (no cars in sight) towards Hawston (flat out again..bloody guineafowl scared the wits out of me and showed that maybe the Wee could do with a bit more stopping power when you are hauling her down from 180kph (wonder if the new Wee has better brakes).  Then I double back up the R43 to the R44 and towards my first stop for the day (after 200 non-stop kilometers) for lunch outside Velddrift and then on to Betty's Bay.  All this and I still had the coast road back home on Sunday to look forward to and a brilliant weekend all on one tank of petrol.

Life just shouldn't be this good, its just not right.