Motorradical ... has become Motormoderate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Three_of_Seven

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
A while back I posted about my experience with an adventure accessories company - Motorradical. In my post, I briefly described my experience of ordering an adventure bash-plate and why I felt it necessary to do a small write-up.

Some of you seem to have experienced the same or something similar, or you were surprised that this has happened; especially involving a company with an industry recognisable foothold in the market. Well today, this saga has come to an end ... a customer had to walk away, because of their service failure.

Not to rehash the entire story again, but I can only say that since placing my order on their website on 17 April 2024, has only lead to this experience becoming a pain in the gat, to say the least. At no point did the website state that the item had to be manufactured after the order was placed, even though the option for "NEXT DAY DELIVERY" was an extra R219. Suffice to say that the person dealing with my order, promised me during a phone conversation the previous week, that they will push to have it ready by this Wednesday [01 May 2024]. Once again, Motormoderate never failed to surprise me, by not keeping me updated on progress of my bash-plate.

So after a few phone calls to their office, it seems that manufacturing of my adventure bash-plate for my 2010 BMW R1200 GS Adventure, would only be ready b y next week, the 7th May 2024.

Unfortunately for me, I had to send the inevitable CANCEL ORDER email today, and requested a full refund. I wonder how long it will take them to reimburse my money into my account, and not take into consideration that their actions have a ripple effect and what they sow, they will reap.

In closing; if there are any businesses out there, willing to price-match a bash-plate suited for my ride, then please DM me. I know that some have already said they have stock on the floor, or if there are guys selling a suitable bash-plate then do get in touch. Hopefully by this weekend, I won't cringe when I ride our dirt roads in Riebeek East, and listen to the ping-pong match between the stock plate and the stofpad.