Mountain bikes and bikers - etiquette?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hondsekierie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
Please, someone, enlighten me on what's acceptable

We share the same territory but FFS, these guys are just all over the show.  Did Breedt'snek twice on Sunday and it was a nightmare on a number of occasions.  I made a point, when encountering groups of MB'ers to slow down considerably but they seem to pop up in all the wrong places. 

Scenario:  Going into a left turn, having slowed down considerably as you've seen them approaching on the R/H side of the road, you start hugging the corner as far left as possible just to be going head-on into some idiot exactly on your line.  Next scenario - adhering to the basic rule of staying on the L/H side, these okes come battling down the road, totally fixated on the 5m of obstacles ahead of them, and going right in front of you.

I accept that these guys are most probably exhausted to the point of passing out, which could influence their judgement, but isn't there some sort of protocol amongst them?  Are these guys just newbies or what?

Sometimes I got the distinct impression that they were just arrogant.

Please enlighten me before I collide with one and strip my moer completely

(Note:  I always let the them pick the best lines so that's not an issue)