My back yard ride.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Disselboom

Well, my wifeâ??s off with her girlfriends to watch the Coverboys take of their trousers, so Iâ??ll just do this short report.

After a bout of pneumonia and some pretty shitty weather, I decided to blow the cobwebs out of my bike and show you some of Queenstown at the same time. Round here you canâ??t throw a rock without hitting some gravel roads, so we must ride them all.

Hereâ??s the turnoff at Bailey station.
DSCF1112.jpg

DSCF1113.jpg

From my stoep to here is basically a spit and poep, so I adapted my tyre pressures for gravel at home. Check out these gravel roads.
DSCF1117.jpg

DSCF1118.jpg

We have mountains, too!
DSCF1114.jpg

If you turn opposite ways at each junction, you can keep going till your tank is empty.
DSCF1119.jpg

Sailing the ship of destiny on a sea of grass.
DSCF1121.jpg

DSCF1123.jpg

Some unprocessed biltong grazing
DSCF1125.jpg

Some nice flat out stuff with another junction waiting
DSCF1128.jpg

DSCF1129.jpg

Nice long uphill for steeking the bike.
DSCF1133.jpg

Why do so many hills look like breasts? If you believe in that Creator stuff, Heâ??s got a much wickeder sense of humour than you might think, either that or my mindâ??s evolved to see only some things.
DSCF1136.jpg

In Queenstown, dual sport riding is not a hobby, but a way of life.ATGATT doesnâ??t work to well for chasing sheep in, though.
DSCF1137.jpg

Last junction and then home. Bet you canâ??t do this in the big city.
DSCF1138.jpg

Next time Iâ??ll show you two different routes to Hogsback, all gravel.