My First Ride / Report - Part 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Ok here we go!!!

I got my first bike yesterday... finally  :mwink: and it's a KTM640. When I bought it yesterday I rode it for 800m from where I got it to Dagwoods and then another 25km (long way home).

This morning just after 7 I went to Paulsky's "garage" where we adjusted the shocks and took something out of the exhaust "too allow the bike to breath"  :mwink: Paul then pimped my bike with a new smaller number plate.

I had my helmet and The North Face jacket with jeans and Merrell shoes and some old gloves I found in paulskyâ??s garage cupboard.

Anyway enough of the boring stuff. We left Paulsky's house and went to Cows Corner to fill-up and then set-off to Rocklands via any non tar road we could find. At rocklands we went straight over the crossing and aimed for the radio tower above Patensie. 

On the way there as we hit the gravel Paulsky shouted some remarks my way which he guaranteed will improve my riding... like "move forward on the seat you ride like a delivery boy"

The one thing I soon learned was that Adventure Biking is a social "sport" I was playing catch-up for the first few KM and soon caught up to Paulsky who was parked of next to the road chatting to some other adv riders, a guy and his wife doing the same route we planned. I apologize for being a bit rude and not getting off the bike or saying howzit but I was shaking with adrenalin and just wanted to ride and ride and ride!!!!

We got going again and then Paulsky waved me down and showed me one of the "secret riding spot" entrances! Thanks bud!!! Our next stop was the Sandriver Dam and it was over flowing!!!

The riding was great and every now and then Paulsky would point out somethingâ??s I should do and soon I was standing and drifting around the corners  ;)

Most important lesson so far... Donâ??t rush enjoy it and take in the scenery!

Part 2 next!!!

Attachments

• Greg 01 001.jpg
    Greg 01 001.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 475
  • Greg 01 002.jpg
    Greg 01 002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 471
  • Greg 01 003.jpg
    Greg 01 003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 469
  • Greg 01 006.jpg