My First Sleep over with the Bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
We are back from out weekend and have survived it. But before I get into the detail of the weekend let me introduce ourselfs.  :hello:

This is me, Stormer.
stormer1.jpg

I got the bike in September 2008. My first one ever and am very happy with it. In the 11 months since I got it, I have done about 12 000 km, 99% of that commuting between PTA and Johburg. I have done one or two Sunday afternoon rides on tar and maybe a 50km on gravel, but nothing like what we were planning for the weekend. And definetly never a sleepover with it. I were the most experienced gravel rider in the group.

This is PH.
ph1.jpg

Up untill a 3 weeks ago he had a 650GS. His second in 5 years and has done about 60 000km. 99% commuting between PTA and Joburg and no gravel experience. Then he upgraded to the 1200GS. This is also his first camping sleep out.

Here we have Wyntand
wyntand1.jpg

He's on the 1150GS. Got the bike in April. Also his first. He has done a sleep out with a little bit of gravel and dropped it 3 times. He has not done that many kilo's on it as it is a "toy" and not used dialy.

The plan was to leave at about 11 on Friday morning. Get to Magaliesburg by lunch time then the gravel road to Groot Marico. At Groot Marico we will find a place to sleep for the night and get some food. Saturday we leave for Ellisras via the gravel roads, find a place to sleep and get some food. Sunday we go back home. Well that was the plan....  ???