My first time to Cederberg (many picchas **now with added wurdies**)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Since I moved to the Cape a year ago I have wanted to go and see what it looks like in the Cederberg area. So today I took my chance. Me and Nicol set of early this morning and got back neer 6pm today.

I am supposed to type a full RR , but I am too tired. So here are some piccies. Our route for the day.

Somerset West - Skelmbos - Klapmuts - Wellington - Bainskloof Pass - Ceres - Op die berg - Cerderberg Oasis - Back to the split then Left to Skittery Pass and Katbakkies pass - Touwsrivier - Hex rivier pass - De doorns - Worcester - Villiersdorp - Franschoek Pass - Helshoogte - Skelmbos - Somerset west.

***EDIT***

Ok , now that I have had some sleep and got a bit of rest , I will add some wurdies to all the picchas

The day started off with me meeting up with Nicol at hos place and constant;y bugging him to finish up and get ready. To his defence we did change the starting time from 7am to 5am . In the end we got away at about 5:30 and after a good cup of cofee and a garage pie at the BP we were on our way.

sml0001.jpg

We stopped just before Wellington for some minor adjustments to gear and for Nicol to get the Go-pro into action

sml0002.jpg

Nicol on his cellphone keeping his facebook profile and his numerous friends up to date. (This would become a regular thing I would learn through the course off day)

sml0003.jpg

The Go-pro mounted and ready. Maybe Nicol will join WD's and come and add some of his piccies when he gets a chance between all the sms's and facebook updates  ;)

sml0004.jpg

The Next stop was on Bainskloof Pass for a quick pow-wow and some pics. I LOVE riding mountain passes , but Bainskloof is not one of them. Waay too bumpy!!

sml0005.jpg

Nicol then got hold of my camera and took some pics off me. At least he tried to hide my boep that grew a bit during the winter months. (something that will need some serious attention now that spring is here )

sml0006.jpg

sml0007.jpg

Groenberg as the sun's first rays started to illuminate the world.

sml0008.jpg

I got a quick pic of Nicol as he rounded a bend in my rearview mirror.

sml0009.jpg

And the view from where I stopped.

sml0010.jpg

Some more pics of Bainskloof pass.

sml0011.jpg

sml0012.jpg

Next stop was Ceres where we filled the bikes and Nicol needed something to keep his stomach from eating his liver. (This would also become a regular thing I would learn. This man could eat all day and not be satisfied  ;)  )

sml0015.jpg

sml0016.jpg

On the way to Gydo pass and Oppie berg

sml0017.jpg

Some pics of the way into Cederberg and Oasis

sml0018.jpg

sml0014.jpg

sml0013.jpg

At Oasis we stopped for a rest and a bit to eat.

sml0019.jpg

The softest most tender ribs I have EVER tasted !!!

sml0020.jpg

Here we met Peanut

sml0021.jpg

And his best playmate - one seriously busy cat !!

sml0023.jpg

All of this playing tires one out , and then it is time for a nap.

sml0022.jpg

We left Oasis and returned the way we came.

sml0024.jpg

And then turned left towards Skittery pass and Katbakkies pass.

sml0025.jpg

sml0026.jpg

sml0027.jpg

sml0029.jpg

Then turned right towards Ceres.

sml0030.jpg

And eventually left back onto the tar towards the N1 and some badly needed fuel at Touwsriver.

sml0031.jpg

sml0032.jpg

From there we stuck to the N1 towards de Doorns, Hex riveir pass and Worcester.

sml0033.jpg

sml0034.jpg

We turned left away from Worcester and headed towards Villiersdorp, but had to stop for a while to give our asses a bit of a break .

sml0035.jpg

From Villiersdorp it was on to Franschoek pass and Franschoek for a quick cappucino or milkshake before hitting the roa home.

sml0037.jpg

I was kitted up and ready to go , and probably waited another five minutes while Nicol played with his phone again.  :pot:

sml0036.jpg