• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My prize KTM adventure 950 s for sale (SOLD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonova

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
OK..... I've bought Scrat's 950 and am busy "rebuilding" it according to my pedantic spec. I bought his cause I wanted the lower one. I've loved my s - but when I put someone on the back the height is an issue. I hope to not be single my entire life - (or do I?...mmm) so ja - that's the story. I've just resigned at work and will be moving so I can't really keep both bikes. Having said that it is in no way a forced sale - please don't come with offers ;)

Its a 2005 spec bike with 88600km on.
EVERY recall and preventative thing has been done to this bike
Very recent things:
New cam chains with FULL service in last 2000km -
Clearances,
Plugs,
Carb boots and clamps new,
New pick up sensor.
TPS checked and adjusted.
New throttle cable,
Carbs checked and balanced (stripped entirely, float levels adjusted all jets cleaned)
New air filter and oil filter.
New balancer shaft seal and gasket Left side (preventative)
Head nuts re-torqued as per H.O.W spec.
New clutch slave seal and service (preventative - this was done every 10-15000km),
All brake fluids, front callipers serviced (stripped, greased etc. pistons not removed as not necessary)
New clutch pushrod seal (preventative)
Rear wheel chain tensioners removed and copper slipped.
New night breaker bulbs
Oil bypass valve serviced

fairly recent:
New battery (its about 8 months old if I recall - holds charge 100% for extended periods)
SAS and EPC all removed and blanking plates installed
All wheel bearings and seals
Head bearings (last 8000km),
O-ring at gear sensor replaced (preventative)
Clutch checked and measured - well within spec - clutch booster not worn, and no jagging on the clutch due to notches.
Front forks serviced and checked as NS racing - bout 12000km ago.

I just dropped the oil for peace of mind selling - magnets 100% clean. She was normally serviced every 5000km, bar once on a bigger trip when I did it at about 7000km. Only fully synthetic oil used.

I used the bike for touring. Got it on 55000km. Never commuted, only big trips.

There are some areas of paint peeling on the fairings and glove box which is "normal" on these years, but its much better than on my 'new bike' I'll put up pics.
There is a smiley on the rear rim that was there when I got the bike and has never given any shite. There is also a tiny smiley on the front - also there when I got her - same story.
Any other queries - please PM me or ask here. For anyone who wants to view, make sure you have time and I will go through each and every thing on the bike
The bike is in hillcrest KZN

I want R55000 for her. For now I will not take a cent less. Looking at the bikes around that mates have bought for a lot more, and what real condition they are in mechanically, I feel that this is a crazy good deal. If I can't get that I might well just keep her as my more off-road touring bike.

Cool - I think that's it - will add if I think of anything.