My solo trip to Tosca...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooisand

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi fellow Wilddogs, here is my report on my solo journey to Tosca. Left home on a very cold 14 June 2009 and the plan was to return on 23 June. Well plans change as one travel and that is the joy... I were traveling alone on this one so i prepare a bit better, ground sheet, spare tubes, more tools, name it i took it!! But with faith on Sunday the 14th i arose only to see my grass covered in white.... and a very low temp, took a sh@t , shave and shower and then it was time to go.... Whant to put on my new bike balaclawer but as i still had to stop for petrol and do not whant to look suspicios i decide to go with out it.

My plan for the day was to ride to Groblershoop, feul , Griekwastad, feul, Cambell, cross the Vaalriver and then back to Shmitsdrift, via a gravelroad to Delportshoop, feul in town and back to the gravel till Spitskopdam, Bullhill and then Warrenton where a spent the night at a old varsity pal.

All and all 369km

1.All packed up and ready to go
2.Stop outside Groblershoop to warm my hands

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 302