My world travelling Greek friend needs help in Rwanda. *SORTED*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heimer

Bachelor Dog
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi

I met George Andreadis in Namibia last year in Betta (we were on our way to the Namibia bash) and he was riding Namibia solo.

He had by then already troured all of South America and was starting his Southern Africa tour.

George has spent months in Cape town sorting out his visa (some of us also met him at krige's for a beer and he explored a lot of the Cape an Eastern Cape at the time). George finally embarked on his African leg in January.

He has run into trouble and asked if we could maybe assist. The drive shaft on his GS is fubar.

George is an extremely pleasant and adventurous individual and I would hate to see his travels cut short because of this.

In his own words:
-------------

I'm in Kigali, Rwanda. Unfortunately after hammering the bike through some serious potholes in Mozambique the drive shaft has finally packed in (photo attached). The universal joint at the diff end has come apart. I've tried ACME in Joberg but they don't have a drive shaft unit. Just wondered if any of the wild dogs might have some ideas?

I haven't had the best of luck since I left South Africa. I was reversed into in Mozambique and the radiator was punctured. Anyway the main thing is that I'm ok and by some miracle I managed to make it to the city here.
---------------

He rides a 2008 GS that he bought in Mexico.

Drive shaft Picture below

Attachments

• Drive shaft.JPG
    Drive shaft.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 473
  • George & Heimer.JPG
    George & Heimer.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 426