Namibia Adventure 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jburger

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
Not quite yet back for a week from Namibia, trying to adjust to all Gauteng's traffic and missing Namibia's wide open spaces the we've had a number of prompts for the RR so we will start posting it tonight...

As this will be my first RR on the forum and looking at some follow dogs reports the standard is quite high but we will try and do our best  ;D

Introduction

About a year ago one evening around a campfire we (my wife and I) decided that we needed some adventure in our lives and decided to go and tour Namibia by bike. At the time neither had a bike and she had never ridden before.

A year later after lotz of preparation we were finally leaving - our level of readiness largely due to this forum and the help of a number of Wilddogs all too willing to lend a hand at advice, training and a lot more.

From the start we decided that whatever happens, happens. That's the adventure....no  deadlines (except getting back home - most bosses unfortunately impose that one), no targets (we both have enough of that at work), no bookings. We ride based on a rough plan and sleep where we end for the day.

Total Distance: 5000km
Time: 2 weeks
Accommodation: Various( Camping, B&B, Lodge backpackers)