NAMIBIA - Zelda's overnight lodge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazy-eyes

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I just arrived in Windhoek for the new job.

Last night just after sunset, dead tired and worn out from the loooong ride from Joburg, a mate and I pulled into Zelda's on the Namibian side of the Botswana border for a place to stay and eat.

I couldn't believe my ears when the receptionist (I'm guessing the owners daughter) refused to serve us dinner since we "hadn't booked"
The mother then arrived to confirm this with a rude;

"NO! NO! tell them we cant serve them dinner! Damnit! They can wait and see if there's food left after the people who booked have eaten! NO! NO!!!"

This rant of hers was playing off in front of us as if we were invisible.

My mate and I were totally gobsmacked at this rude unhelpful attitude displayed by people who should by now have an idea of what tourists' needs are. I really fail to see how two extra heads at a pub filled with people can deplete their "planned" food stocks so severely. Their attitude was extremely rude uncalled for!!!
We were VERY tired and just wanted some food after not having eaten all day, so we took our business elsewhere.

I've always highly recommended Zelda's to all I came across - I certainly wont be doing that any more!