Nelspruit Clan - Mini Tech Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimeMan

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
So we decided to have our own mini tech day . A new member Martin bought a Fugly and as he said on the forum it's his first klr and don't know anything about it , plus i wanted to help the guys with their swingarm bolts .

Seeing this i knew this is going to be fun .... 2.5 hrs later and we got the bolt out , guys i can't stress it enough get to check your swingarm and subframe bolts the longer you wait the worst it becomes

Dry as a bloody bone

Pitted and looking bad with rust

Cleaned and ready for grease and to go back in

Fires and Hardus in deep discussion

Fires taking lube service serious

Dix and Hardus supervising me cleaning the threads on the bolt that got little hurt

We also looked at Martin's Fugly , poor bike really needed some TLC . Main complaint - the waterpump is leaking
What we found : waterpump seals fubar , subframe bolts one shared of the other not even there , oil strainer full of
doo hicky spring minced metal ( this after seller told him the doo was done .

Martin getting up close and personal with his new ride seeing the insides for the very first time

Explaining and showing the guys where the oil strainer is

Something you do not want to see inspecting the strainer

Using Hardus special tools to get to the doo

Couldn't leave a fellow KLR mate stranded we made a plan , my old doo and hardus old doo spring ... till we get a new one from doc installed , ready to close up

My wifey making Nelspruit Clan stickers and adding them to the bikes for the guys that attended our first Tech day

All in all a fun learning day for the guys . Thanks to Hardus , Fires , Martin and Dix . And a special thanks to my friend DocKLR for all the info and knowledge he always shares with such passion

Latest posts