New Adventure Chic from Australia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR500
Hi,

The other day I was asked by my South African work mate what my next big adventure ride will be after Bolivia.  The answer was simple South Africa.  After consulting his brother in Africa the recommendation was to hook into this site for guidance, recommendation and support.  From early signs this site is perfect and can't wait to learn more about riding in South Africa.  So here is my intro:

1.  I'm a girl (don't hold that against me)
2. Blonde (yes I'm good at doing blonde things on bikes)
4.  Vertically challenged (5f2ish) so finding bikes to get feet down is tough
5.  Don't have kids but have 3 bikes of which 2 are dirt bikes (Honda XR400M - electric start... for adventure and Honda CRF230 for single training) and BMW650GS road bike in showroom quality (ie hasn't been dropped)
6. Been riding motorbikes for 5years mainly on dirt because I love getting dirty and also because I get bored on the sealed roads
7. Late 40's but ride like a 20yr old boy (plus look like one when all armoured up)
8. Live in Australia and work for Airline that allow awesome travel opportunities around the world..... and yes we fly in JNB.... woo hoo
9.  Done LOTs of interesting rides - across Australia over the Simpson Desert.  Canning Stock Route (1800km sand) - I still suck at sand riding cause i'm blonde and just come back from Bolivia.... riding dirt in altitude was amazing

So next challenge is to find best approach to riding in South Africa in 2016.  Where to go, what I do for a bike, things to consider.  I know I’m at the right site to get all this info so looking forward to reading and contributing.