New bike horror story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Hey everyone
My biking history is an unusual one...got a 400 bandit about 5 years ago, and after a year upgraded to a gs650. unfortunately due to getting married had to sell my beloved "geel kameel" and bought a scooter to commute from Melkbos to CT. But after a while the shame got too much and decided to invest in my dream bike - Vmax.

So after a good couple of months scourging Gumtree and twisting ABSA's arm I finally bought an epic 2007 black vmax.
Man i was so amped, and picked it up in Riversdale on Sunday 23/01/2011 at bout 18:00. Filled her up, checked the tires and blasted down with a v4 purring "softly"
As is passed through ashton it was getting dark, and a cow ran across the road - i was only going about 60, but could not swerve in time (mighty max is not known for its ability to be thrown around corners) and proceeded to hit the cow on the shoulder area...now for all you animal rights activists, the cow is fine - i have a few minor injuries, but my Max is pretty messed up.
Arcangel called a couple of the wilddoggers and we were overwhelmed with the response - thank you for that - i guess the moral of the story is these kind of things happen, and watch out for cows around Ashton....