New DR650 - PDS - What PDS????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skootaboy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I collected my brand new Suzuki DR650SE from the dealer this afternoon.
As I was about to put my new pride and joy on the trailer I noticed that the rear mudguard appeared loose.
On close inspection I saw that there were two bolts missing.
The dealer disapeared into the shop to find two bolts whereupon I examined the bike more closely.
I then noticed that the rubber knob thingy on the sidecover that acts as a 'spacer' to the silencer was missing.
Then I noticed that the wire stay that the speedo cable threads through on the front mudguard was missing.
And then I noticed that the 'U' bracket that holds the front axle in place was loose!
YES - just imagine I rode off and the front wheel came off!
I wheeled the bike back to the workshop at the back of the dealership whereupon the dealer checked some more bolts and found a few loose.
I then noticed that another wire stay that holds the wiring together was dangling loose on the clutch cable.
Off came the fron cowl and more tightning and spannering was done.
Two bits were removed from a used DR650 in the showroom where removed an placed on my bike.
Now when I get home I noticed that the cable routing from the throttle was wrong - routed over the front brake hose instead of under it.