new garmin city navigator software 2015.2 No road to Sani

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gee

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Just got me the new nuvi 2589 with preload maps. So far  i am  happy with the unit and it comes with Trackback. The problem i found with the map software is that i noticed the road up to SANI and surounding areas are not there. I Checked on My old Garmaps and yes there it is. I called Garmin and was told that yes there is sections on the new navigator mapset that are not there. They say the missing sections will be included in future updates but could not say when. As i see it that means all new Garmins Zumo or any other model will have the same problem. So i asked Garmin if they can't transfer my Garmap license to my new unit as the last unit went flying out of the window and broke into a million pieces.  Garmin said no the license is not transferable and the Garmap will not work on the new units properly. You will loose half the features of the garmin if you load garmaps. Plus you will have to take out the SD card every time you want to use the garmin city navigator software again. I just think Garmin should inform US that there Mapset is substandard. I am thinking of taking the unit back and looking at TomTom. Just dont like it that T4Africa does not work on tomtom and there equivalent software to Basecamp or Mapsource called Tyre is not great.