New GS owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machiel

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Last week I became the proud new owner of a 2001 R1150GS.  I bought the bike from my father in law since he can't ride anymore due to back problems.  It had 32'750 kms on the clock when I bought it!  They only used the bike for weekends away and it hardly saw any dirt.  I paid R50k for the bike, which considering the condition of the bike I think was a good buy.

Honestly, I never would've considered buying a GS, but now that I have the bike I absolutely love it!  Apart from being great on the open road, it commutes brilliantly and it also surprised me with it's offroad capabilities.  I took down some railway roads, through some sand and even a couple of rocks and it soaked up everything effortlessly  :ricky:

I took it to Mark Dickinson on Friday for a service and just to check that everything is okay.  There was a problem with the ABS he had to sort out, the throttle bodies had to be synchronized and the valve clearances adjusted.  I replaced the alternator belt, but it actually looked good considering it's been there for the past 13 years.  So this bike is 100% now and I'm looking forward to putting MUCH more kms on it  ;D

Here's some pics from when I picked up the bike...

Attachments

• IMG-20140928-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20140928-WA0003.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG-20140928-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20140928-WA0004.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 498