New guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly007

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi all,
Been lurking around for a while now, Wanted to ride a bike since the day i turned 16, but my mom had the good sense not allow that. Buaght a tzr125 when i first turned sixteen hoping she would see the light. She didnt! So instead I stripped the thing down, rebuilt it and sold it. I think I got about 200m down the road from our house, then my mother enforced the law. Was a great first ride:) Looking back it was great judgement on my mothers behalf, what followed was some shaky years that really benefited from having 4 wheels and a cage. Anyway , 10 years later, now living in kimberley and the very proud owner of my 1 1/2th bike, a Dr200Se. Bought it 2 years ago august with 9000km , currently on 16000km and loving it. Been doing all the servicing myself. I have a ND:mech eng and will be finishing my Btech:mech end of the year all going well. Love tinkering:)

Got a long ride planned for this long weekend, meeting a friend half way, he is coming up from cape town on a f650gs. Going to meet around prieska and try go ride around the verneuk pan. Very excited. By halfway i mean in hourly terms since i will be travelling at 80km/h and my friend 140km/h.

Feeling the need for an upgrade, the Dr has been a really great first bike, but now I feel like something a bit bigger. Would love its bigger brother, but possibly even bigger as my girlfriend is showing interest in doing some trips with me.

Great website.