New member from CT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saint

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Greetings all. I am a F650 Dakar rider from Cape Town. I have been riding motor cycles since I first acquired a Honda XL175 in 1980 as a gift to myself on my emancipation after a 2 year stint with PW Botha & Sons. Since then I have ridden a variety of bikes including Hondas, Suzukis and an AJS 500.
Due to time constraints the majority of my riding to date has been limited to commuting on tar. The acquisition of the Dakar was a determined effort made under the delusion that I actually had the power to change that situation. This delusion has so far managed to be stretched to include the obligatory two day BMW â??stand and waveâ?? course at Klipbokkop (efforts of great instructors genuinely appreciated) and one group weekend ride, both of which I enjoyed immensely.
I have joined this forum with the aim of meeting fellow riders, learning as much as possible (maintenance skills, â??off-roadâ?? riding skills and local available routes) and participating in group rides. Due to my personal circumstances and in the hopes of catering to lifeâ??s realities I would be most interested in rides that could incorporate some form of greater family involvement (once again delusional?).
I look forward to the opportunity to meet some of you on the road.
:angel12: