New member - Joel@Continental_BMW_PE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi everybody

I've enjoyed reading members posts and advice on various interesting topics for some time now and finally decided to join. I have only been riding for about 10 years. I had an interest in biking, but never took the plunge. I joined the dealership in 2002 on the car side moving from Seamans in PE. I noticed that nobody was really taking an interest in the motorcycle side of the business (I had wandered in months earlier checking out the motorcycles!). The bosss (Des) noticed my interest (he occassionally rides) and asked if I would like to attend the BMW Rider academy at Zwartkops Raceway in Midrand (it's a permanent facility offerring training 5 days a week). I jumped at the opportunity and attended an introduction to riding course. It was presented over 3 days. On the 1st day you learnt clutch control and to ride up and down the pits around cones on a Yamaha SR250 !! On the 3rd day I was zooming around the track on a F650CS!
There was a natural progression after the course towards motorcycle sales and in about the 3rd year at the dealership I was "officially" the motorcycle sales person. I really enjoy my job and I am lucky enough to do what I enjoy.

I am a regular rider on the Odysseus and BMW club rides.

I look forward to meeting many fellow members online and in the dealership...

P.s. Is there no automatic spell check ??