New member old rider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure S
Good day all. I am Carl, have been riding bikes since 1983 (had a Kawasaki Z750 back then) and recently changed over from road bikes and cruisers to an adventure bike. Own a KTM1290SAS and love it. Have done two trips around South Africa with my wife Gisele and our second trip ended at the end of March. My brother-in law from the UK joined and we bought him a BMW g650 GS (Short legs). Our Trip started in Centurion and we rode west to Augrabies, then Poffadder, Springbok and Hondeklip baai. Planned to go through the Namaqua national park but the sand dunes got the better of us. We got over the first dune and spent a wonderful night next to the sea, however we were sore and battered from falling in the sand and headed out towards Garies instead ot daring the second longer dune. Then on to Lamberts Baai, down the coast as far as Langebaan, headed inland to Maaitjiesfontien, Prince Albert and did the Swartberg pas. (Lots of locusts) Went to family farms of my forefathers who were Ostrich farmers during the boom years then headed into the klien karoo. Willomore, aberdeen Graafreinette, Neiubethesda Middleburg and then Colesbus and Bloem. Followed a lot of the Anglo Boer war history on the trip. It was an awesome holiday. The Karoo is stunning after all the rain. the grass is knee high and when the wind blows it looks like an ocean of waves.) Now I am back at work, my Boet is back in the UK and I an dreaming about the trip. Will be selling the BMW G650 GS soon. So if anybody needs a great little GS that is low enough for the Mrs or if you have always wanted an adventure bike but yours legs are too short... look out for my add. I searched everywhere for a bike that will fit my brother-in law and this GS impressed me, it is bullet proof. I am looking forward to reading some of the trips you guys have been on. Great to be on this forum, I see a lot of useful information when planning my next trip.

Attachments

• 20211006_092303.jpg
    20211006_092303.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220310_135159.jpg
    20220310_135159.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220310_193748.jpg
    20220310_193748.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0